How to Activate Data Roaming in Android, iOS, Blackberry and Windows Phones
Data roaming means using the phone to receive data over mobile networks that the mobile operator doesn’t own. For this purpose mobile operator might charge extra for data roaming, and this service is available in almost every mobile phone. Changing the data roaming depends on the phone settings. Different phone uses different software version.
People can find out which software version exists in the phone and how they work by following steps:-
- In all iPhone’s versions: select Settings, Press General, Go to Network and Tap Data roaming to off or on.
- BlackBerry OS 6 or above: Go to the Menu, Press Options. Go to Networks and Connections. Select Mobile Network. Press On/Off next to While Roaming.
- BlackBerry OS 5 or below: From the Menu, select Options or Manage Connections. Select Mobile Networks. Select On/Off next to While Roaming.
- Android version 4.0 (Sony, HTC & Samsung Galaxy phones): Go to the Applications menu and tap Settings, Tap Mobile network, Press Data roaming. If people don’t want to use data abroad, change Data roaming and use Never. If want to use data abroad, change Data roaming to go Automatic. Also If want roaming to automatic, find the message: Allow data roaming? May incur significant roaming charges, and then press OK.
- Android 2.3 or below (Sony, HTC & Samsung Galaxy phones): Go to the Menu button, Tap Settings, Press Wireless & Network. Tap Mobile networks. Check or unchecked data roaming depends on what people want to do. If people don’t want roaming, can select to disable the roaming nationally or can roam on all networks. If you press roaming on, see the message “Allow data roaming”? It may incur significant roaming charges and then press OK.
- Symbian (Nokia & Sony Ericsson phones). Go to the Menu, press Settings, select Connectivity, press Settings. If want to use data abroad, change Data. Use WLAN only when abroad or use the other way to send data abroad.
- Windows Phone 7 (For example Nokia Lumia): Go to Settings. Select Mobile network. Press the Data roaming options and change to roam or don’t roam.
Using these tips people can enjoy data roaming :-
when they are in abroad, for this reason mobile network company makes some extra charges for roaming to another network to give this service. However, data roaming for accessing the internet is very helpful to all.