WhatsApp Tips and Tricks for Android Phones
WhatsApp is the most popular global messenger with over 600 million users in 2014. It is reported in January 2015 that its user are now over 700 million. Due to WhatsApp growing popularity Face Book purchased it in 2014 for a massive amount of $19 billion. WhatsApp is used on both android and iOS devices. Though WhatsApp is facing serious rivalry and competition but its future looks very secure and it is probably the best android chatting app for the android devices. There are so many useful tricks. You must learn for WhatsApp to use it better on your android devices.
WhatsApp tricks for android
- There is a feature on WhatsApp which allows other users to know about when you last used Whatsapp messenger. It is called ‘’Last Seen’’. If there is a privacy issue and the user want to disable this feature on your android phone you will have to add Hide WhatsApp Status. This application will disable the Wi-Fi and data connection when the WhatsApp will launch. After closing the app the Wi-Fi and data connection will be enable automatically, and the messages will be sent.
- If you want to create manual backup of chats on WhatsApp go in the Settings and then into Chat Settings and then tap Backup Conversations and the backup will be created. For media folders you will have to use File Manager.
- If you want to have a shortcut for your important and favorite contacts on the home screen of your smart phone for the speedy communication in Whatsapp all you have to do is just to press the contact or group for a little longer, and after the menu appears tap on Add Conversation Shortcut, and a shortcut will appear on your home screen.
- If you are changing the mobile number but keeping the same phone so you do not have to reinstall WhatsApp. Go to Settings > Account > Change number. Enter your old mobile number in the top field and then your new phone number in the bottom field. Then press done. Verify your new phone number, and all your chat history, groups and so on will be migrated to the new number.
- If the user want to lock WhatsApp account on the android devices then they will have to use ‘’WhatsApp Lock’’. After adding that app your account will be protected with a pin and no other person can access your account.